Here's what 30 years of working in student ministry has taught me:
- Kids easily engage with peers when they share in a non-threatening activity such as coloring.
- Kids who tend to be socially awkward, easily join in when heads are down and they are immersed in the activity of coloring.
- Coloring helps to focus kids and get 'em talking - deep conversations often happen around a table with a pile of crayons.
- Coloring is relaxing and helps to calm anxious minds while keeping hands busy.
- Coloring words from Scripture is a great way to hide those words in your heart.