I've been involved in student ministry for 30 years and have seen how effective coloring can be, regardless of age and gender.
- Kids easily engage with peers when they share in a non-threatening activity such as coloring.
- Kids who tend to be socially awkward, easily join in when heads are down and they are immersed in the activity of coloring.
- Coloring helps to focus kids and get 'em talking - deep conversations often happen around a table with a pile of crayons.
- When life-changing words are colored together, it adds depth and insight to the conversation. It's a beautiful thing that I've seen at kid's camps, youth retreats and even women's retreats.
- Coloring is relaxing and helps to calm an anxious mind while keeping hands busy.
- Coloring positive words of wisdom and truth is a great way to hide those words in your heart.